The Mecana Drum Filter (MTF) was the first PCMF design. The outstanding operating experience in a wide range of municipal and industrial applications is a unique selling point of Mecana. MTF consists of a drum that is covered with 2 - 3 filter cloths, depending on the filter surface (2 - 6 m²). Each Mecana Drum Filter has its own independent cleaning system, consisting of a suction beam with (profiled) suction lip and a filter cleaning pump.
How Drum Filter works
The Mecana Drum Filter is mounted on a filter tank equipped with an inlet and outlet weir for hydraulic decoupling as well as an emergency overflow and level measurement. The water flows through the fully submerged filter structure from the outside to the inside, passing the pile layer and retaining the solids. Filtrate flows over the rising chamber and through the outlet weir. The outlet weir defines the zero-water level, which serves as a reference for system control. The filter media is cleaned by the rotating drum without interrupting the filtration process. In automatic mode, cleaning is either level-controlled or time-controlled. Within one cleaning cycle, the entire filter surface is cleaned. In automatic mode, cleaning is either level- or time-controlled. Suspended solids are intermittently removed from the bottom of the filter.
- 1 – 3 filter cloths per drum depending on MTF type
- Hydraulic capacity per unit up to over 120 m³/h
- MTF available in different steel qualities (1.4301, 1.4404, Duplex oder Super Duplex)
- Installation in concrete or steel tanks
- Low space requirement: < 1.2 - 1.5 m²/m²
- MTF with internal or external pumps available
- Modulare system ideal for every customer requirement